This is an official call for the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Foreign Investor’s Council in Latvia (FICIL). The AGM will be held on Tuesday, 20 February 2018 at 16:00. We are looking forward for volunteers to kindly host the meeting.
Please see below the main items of the agenda:
- Reports for the year 2017;
- Executive Board’s report;
- Financial report;
- Budget for 2018;
- Election of the new Executive Board members and election of the auditor.
- New Membership applications (TBC).
All materials for the meeting will be provided in due course.
Meanwhile we would like to draw your attention to an important point of the agenda – election of the new Executive Board members. This year four new members of the Board need to be elected. Please do consider your own candidacy and encourage those who you think might be good candidates to stand for the election. Below please kindly see a brief description of key responsibilities. If you are hesitant, please feel free to contact me or any of the current Board members to learn more about their experience, duties and commitment.
The FICIL Board member:
- Is elected for a term of 2 years;
- Influence the way forward for the FICIL and Latvia;
- Is responsible for at least 1 work group;
- Attends various FICIL meetings (Board meetings, Members meetings, AGM, High Council meeting, meetings with senior civil servants etc.);
- Carries out at least 5 Sentiment Index interviews;
- Maintains a productive communication with FICIL office;
- Is an “Ambassador” of FICIL.
- A short bio and photo should be sent to email@example.com. Please, include also a few sentences describing your motivation and interest in joining FICIL. Due term is 20 February 2018 until candidate presentations have started. However, we would like to encourage early application so that FICIL membership can get acquainted with the candidates.
- All candidate information will be posted on dedicated page on the FICIL website that will be constantly updated with new applications as they come in.
This is your opportunity to stand for the election to the new Board of the Foreign Investors’ Council in Latvia! Chambers’ candidates should have a support of their respective chamber’s Board to stand for the election. In line with FICIL Statutes, this year no more than 2 chamber representatives can be elected.
Thank you very much in advance!
On behalf of Executive Board,
Marta Jaksona, Executive Director